Saturday, November 20, 2010

In the Archives: Re-posted Review 1

Title: The Pretty One
Author: Cheryl Klam
Copyright date: 2008
Publisher: Delacorte
How many pages: 368 pgs
I learned about this book from: seeing it on a bookshelf at the store

This book was purchased at: Barnes and Noble
This book is: ..Kind of.. I don't know
Other books by this author: Learning to Swim
Favorite characters: i guess, Megan, the main character
When and Where the story takes place: Chesapeake School of the Arts, and a little bit around the houses that they live in
Plot in a nutshell: Megan was ugly and fat, and she got into an accident, and now she's pretty and thin. And dealing.
Main characters: Megan, her sister Lucy
What I liked best: Megan was honestly not just "oh hey I'm pretty! Look! Pretty!" and dancing around and becoming a diva montage. She actually didn't really.. meld well with her pretty outside self, as she was still her normal self inside.
What I liked least: She was so naive, and everyone else was treating her like she was SUPPOSED to become a vapid girl to the point where they treated her as if she was! As if she knew how to act in these social situations and it was pissing them all off. I wanted to yell at her for some of her dumb thoughts.

Overall rating: I'm still digesting it. I'm not sure how I feel completely....

No comments:

Post a Comment